Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Knowledge

The Leavers have followed the past from the beginning of human existence and the Takers have created new lifestyles for every generation. I actually don't think there's anything wrong with that. That's what make us, Takers, special. We generate new lifestyles. Leaver has a system that works well for them because it evolved among them. They have adapted to the environment. Unlike Leavers, we don't adapt to the environment, we change it so it suits us. I am confused about this one. I kind of feel that something is wrong about that and I kind of don't. I don't know if it's right to change the environment for us. The knowledge of what works well for production is valued in our society according to Ishmael, and I agree on that. What's one big reason we go to school? Of course is to be productive in the future. We are destroying everything that's not suitable for us, I think that's what Ishmael suggests. It's ugly, I concur. This ties back to the theme of how things came to be this way. Things came to be this way since we value differently from others, which, in my opinion, has nothing wrong.

No comments: